ffff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ffff

ffsdad

PortalPortal  SatursSaturs  MeklētMeklēt  Latest imagesLatest images  ReģistrētiesReģistrēties  IeietIeiet  

hermes bags

Go down 
AutorsZiņojums
youjiuni

Number of posts : 10

hermes bags  Empty
PostTēma: hermes bags    hermes bags  Icon_minitimeOtrdiena Maijs 03, 2011 3:20 am

and each year should deliver to the minster sixty loads of wood, and twelve of coal, and tiffany jewelry outlet hermes handbags six of faggots, and two tuns full of pure ale, and two beasts fit for slaughter, and six hundred loaves and ten mittan hermes bags outlet of Welsh ale " ten mittan Wselsces aloft,translated by Gibson, " hermes birkin decern Sextarios Wallicse cerevisire." It is however very unlikely that hermes outlet sosmall a quantity as ten pints of ale should be connected with six hundred loaves, and the other conditions of this agreement. Bosworth, in his Anglo-Saxon tiffany and co outlet Dictionary, has " midd, a bushel-measure," on the authority of Somner.

The word is purely Celtic. It is still used in Wales, and signifies the vat or cooler in which brewers put their ale in the process tiffany jewelry outlet of brewing. The covenant, therefore, is for ten vats, or generally, ten hogsheads of ale, and shows, among other things, that the worthy fathers fully tiffany hermes handbags outlet appreciated the excellence of the Welsh cwrw (cooroo) or ale. Mr. hermes bags Garnett quotes, in the Transactions, vol. i. p. 171 Welsh brag, ' malt,' whence "I brasium (barbarous Latin). bragodlyn, ' spiced wort.' J bragget. At the time when this paper was read before the Society, the writer was not aware of the late Mr. Garnett's valuable contributions on the study of the Celtic languages, printed in the 1st vol.

of the Society's Transactions. In hermes outlet a few instances he has sought to explain words which that learned philologist had already traced to their proper sources. He is hermes bags glad to have this opportuni ty of paying ft passing tribute to the hermes kelly merits of that eminent and learned tiffany & co outlet scholar. Flaskettus. Pelum.These words often occur in the Wardrobe Book of Edward I. (Liber tiffany and co outlet quotidianus contrarotulatoris anno regis Ed. I. Vices. Oct.) The word flaskettus is hermes bags outlet left unexplained by the editor. It is the Welsh fflasged, 'a vessel made of straw or wicker-work, a basket.' It is sometimes used in this sense, and, at others, with the meaning of ' a covering of net- or lattice-work' as in the items tiffany outlet paid to Richard de Haveringe for a horse purchased for the king," uno flasketto empto pro eodem equo cooperiendo." The word is still retained in the Lancashire dialect, in which flasket means a kind of shallow basket. Pelum is used in the sense of castle or stronghold. tiffany & co outlet The following entry shows that Edw. I.
Atpakaļ uz augšu Go down

hermes bags
Atpakaļ uz augšu 
Lapa 1 no 1