ffff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ffff

ffsdad

PortalPortal  SatursSaturs  MeklētMeklēt  Latest imagesLatest images  ReģistrētiesReģistrēties  IeietIeiet  

Mr. Hastings had intelligence of the cruelties that were practised

Go down 
AutorsZiņojums
bokencn

Number of posts : 5

Mr. Hastings had intelligence of the cruelties that were practised Empty
PostTēma: Mr. Hastings had intelligence of the cruelties that were practised   Mr. Hastings had intelligence of the cruelties that were practised Icon_minitimeOtrdiena Februāris 08, 2011 8:30 pm

he tiffany rings did not take the means to put a stop to them, which were entirely in his power: he even refused, at the requisition of Colonel Champion, to give relief to the severities which were suffered by that unhappy people; and the reason he gives is, that Sujah Dowlah, if they were to controul him, might make that a pretence of refusing the stipulated sum he had agreed to pay. The whole transaction, from beginning to end, was carried on for the purpose of acquiring these fortv lacks tiffany co of rupees; for that sum, the character, the dimity, the nonour of the English nation were basely and treacherously exposed to sale.
I think I have now gone over the four principal featurel of this business, in a manner,
tiffany tiffany outlet indeed, very desultory, owing to the time of the night at which I speak, and which makes me desirous to hasten through the business as soon as possible. The four principal matters to which I wish to dratf your attention are, First, the direct disobedience of the orders of his masters, approved by tiffany and co outlet himself, and perfectly well understood by him. Secc ndly, I have endeavoured to prove to you, that the war was entered into on our part, without any kind of obligation upon us so to do. Thirdly, I have spoken to the justice; and last of all, to the policy of this war. In all these I think I have demonstrated, that there is tiffany sale not a shadow of ground to stand up in defence of Mr. Hastings. tiffany&co His orders are clear, and his disobedience of those orders equally clear.I think I have made it also obvious to the conviction of every one, that Mr. Hastings was under no obligation to give the assistance to Sujah Dowlah that he did give; that there was no claim tiffany jewellery upon us in any respect of the matter; and that in this light it was understood, both by Sujah Dowlah, by Mr. Hastings, and by the council. I have also endeavoured to prove, that the action was most unjust, cruel^ and inhuman, in Sujah Dowlah, and stil} more so in us; bccause it was in our power to prevent it.
Atpakaļ uz augšu Go down

Atpakaļ uz augšu 
Lapa 1 no 1

Permissions in this forum:Jūs nevarat atbildēt tematos šajā forumā
ffff :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Pāriet uz: