ffff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ffff

ffsdad

PortalPortal  SatursSaturs  MeklētMeklēt  Latest imagesLatest images  ReģistrētiesReģistrēties  IeietIeiet  

have discharged that which was incumbent upon me.

Go down 
AutorsZiņojums
bokencn

Number of posts : 5

have discharged that which was incumbent upon me.  Empty
PostTēma: have discharged that which was incumbent upon me.    have discharged that which was incumbent upon me.  Icon_minitimeOtrdiena Februāris 08, 2011 8:29 pm

I too can say that the nabob, as an agent of oppression, is alone culpable; but whilst all Asia well knows that the English gave tiffany co him the rod, and whilst they in vain look up to them as those who ought, if not to direct its application, at least prevent an ill use being made of that rod; will they not conclude that the scourges which the agent gives are connived at? Will they not say every English chief is a sujah Consider, my friend," says his excellency the vizier, repeatedly to Mr. tiffany sale Hastings, tiffany sale " that it was my absolute determination to extirpate the tiffany jewellery Rohillas, and that I requested the assistance of tiffany outlet the English for that purpose."However well it is known, continued tiffany Mr. Fox, that his excellency is equal to the barbarous design for which he thus publicly and daringly avows that he solicited the aid of the English, is it possible we can believe, that the respectable gentleman here traduced, could have been privy to so horrid a purpose ? Could he have so entirely overcome the feelings of numanity? Could he have been so lost to every sense of honour, as to prostitute the English troops, and to stain the tiffany and co outlet glory of the British name, by subscribing to a preconcerted massacre ? What is not his excellency capable of advancing ?But with regard to all this, the noble lord Mornington says, he considers Mr. Hastings as not at all blameable, that he did all that was in his power to prevent Sujah Dowlah from behaving with cruelty; but that he could tiffany&co not turn his face against a prince whom he had engaged to assist. Why did he not ? The principles of humanity and equity are paramount to all treaties and all ties. He ought to have made use of his power to prevent the violation of tne sacred obligations of humanity.
Atpakaļ uz augšu Go down

Atpakaļ uz augšu 
Lapa 1 no 1

Permissions in this forum:Jūs nevarat atbildēt tematos šajā forumā
ffff :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Pāriet uz: